Monday, November 5, 2007

Name That Child

Since Election Day is today, I thought it'd be fun to post a poll of our own, a name poll.

Unlike some adoptive parents who already have their child's name chosen and ready to go, we're on track to take the approach we did when Andrew was born: generate a shortlist of names, then look at each other in panic when the nurse asks us what we've decided to name the baby. We'll then do a frantic scan of the baby (in this case, via pictures and any video), carefully take in his/her features and personality, then nervously proclaim, "His/her name is X."

Right now, our plan is to give our child a Western name for either his or her first or middle name. We'll most likely keep his/her Chinese name, especially if it's one that the birthmother has given. (This is not always the case; I'm told the orphanage will assign one if not already given.) Finally, we'll append our last name. Those of you who know us personally know what that name is. For those who don't and for the sake of online privacy, I'll give you a hint: it's a standard 3 syllable Polish name beginning with "K." Think along the lines of that Unibomber guy.

Finally, what fun would would the poll be without a little suspense? Sneaky people that we are, we won't tell you which name we've chosen until we've accepted the referral, hee hee..

So, without further ado, I present you with our ever-changing shortlist of names. Ladies and gentlemen, please direct your attention to the polls on your left.

4 comments:

Tisra said...

Ha! Um, Second Corinthians? Such a pretty name. :-)

Can't wait to see her, *and* find out her name!

Tisra
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I was wondering about the Second Cointhians "name" too. But I voted, I voted!!( and I got caught up on your blog too!!)

Rebecca Lily said...

Charlotte was my pick for a girl (soooo pretty!!) and I picked William for a boy. I like the connection to family, and I love the nickname Will. :)

Rebecca Lily said...

I had to give my 2 cents again on the boy-name. I really like Collier, but I took your last name into account. I don't know what your last name is, but I think I like the softer sounds of William with a Polish-sounding K surname.

Can you tell I'm a name geek????