Monday, September 24, 2007

Getting Closer

I spoke with Laura Trinnaman at FFC earlier today. I asked her where we stood in the wait process as we haven't received an update in the last two months. (Apparently, FFC did send one out to us this past month, but it was lost in cyberspace.) Anyhow, here's what I learned from Laura. I hope I understood what she said correctly; part of my attention was occupied by a very loud and exuberant Andrew who got to splash around in the tub for an extra long time while I spoke with Laura.

1) There are three families ahead of us on the waiting list for a healthy baby. The first two are currently considering referrals that have just been presented to them. The third couple is seeking a healthy male. We are waiting right behind them.

2) The timeframe for our wait could be anywhere between very soon up to two months from now. Apparently referrals often come in once a week, though lately they have not been as consistent. One possible cause could be the celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival in Taiwan, which could be causing delays in the communication of referrals.

3) There's a strong likelihood that our child would come from St. Lucy's orphanage instead of Chung Yi. The latter's baby unit is undergoing renovations, so there are very few beds available for young children.

4) The age at which the child is when referred to us is dependent upon many factors, including delays in paperwork, whether the birthmother decides to keep her child with her for the traditional four week "lying in" period, and whether the child is initially relinquished for an unsuccessful domestic adoption.

7 comments:

Tisra said...

Sounds like good news! You are getting close!

Rebecca Lily said...

Judy, I am on pins and needles WITH you!! So close now, it really could be any day. Here's to hoping for a referral "very soon" - and for a FAST judge!! :)

Keep us updated. I've enjoyed following your journey! (And I am faithfully voting for MeiLing's Dumplings!!!)

Rebecca
PAP, on FFC waitlist 9/11/07
www.untilwemeetintaiwan.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Hope the wait is short for you. I did not know SLC has birth mom program. i thought the birth mom relinquishes the baby as soon as he/she was born.

Judy

Tiffany said...

Congrats Judy - that is such great news! A Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas referral - so much to celebrate and be thankful fo! I'm so happy for you - hang in there. You are sooo close. Sophia is at SLC and I have heard nothing but great things about the children, and the care!
Congrats!
Tiffany (sophia's mom)
www.youbelong.net/rhines

Ann said...

ohh, I hope you hear something very soon.

Sarah said...

Yay, yay, yay! Could be any day! I've been telling that to myself fo two months. Sigh.

J+Di Di said...

Yeah!!

Jackie