Saturday, October 6, 2007

And the Winner Is...

What's Wrong with Mud? by Gillian Colley. Congratulations to Ms. Colley!

Congratulations also to my sister, Jenny. Meiling's Dumplings came in 2nd place in the ABC Children's Picture Book Competition. I just received the news today. There were 25,585 votes cast this year (significantly down from last year), with the winner clearly in the lead. A slim margin divided the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishers.

I want to extend an enormous "thank you" to all of you who took the time to cast your votes on behalf of Jenny's entry. You guys are awesome! While she didn't win the coveted book contract, this is not the end of Meiling's Dumplings. She still plans to pursue other means of publications and I, for one, am glad for that.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Meanwhile, we continue to wait for news of a referral. We didn't receive the Child Referral Request form that was supposed to come this week. I'll follow up with that on Monday.

This blog is starting to look too "texty." Realizing I've gone three posts without a picture, I'm throwing in some random pictures taken earlier today of big-brother-to-be Andrew rolling around in leaves.





3 comments:

Cindy said...

Please keep me posted if your sister's book is published - I would love to have a copy. We are looking forward to hearing news that you have received a referral...hopefully soon!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, what cute pictures of Andrew!

I too would love a copy of Meiling's Dumplings, if she is able to find a publisher (winning 2nd place is WONDERFUL by the way!!) I'm sure she won't have any trouble getting it published!

Rebecca
www.untilwemeetintaiwan.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Wow, 2nd place, not bad at all. I hope to see Dumpling published in the future.

hope you receive your referral soon.

Judy