Monday, March 31, 2008

Lose 5 Pounds in 10 Days!

Too good to be true? Just try this not-so-simple 7-step plan for yourself:

1) Develop a nasty cold 10 days prior to traveling to Taiwan. Experience a decrease in appetite because you are too busy packing and taking care of last-minute details and unexpected paperwork.

2) Come down with a stomach flu 5 days prior to travel.

3) Undergo severe jetlag and sleep when you're normally accustomed to eating.

4) Spend 6 days living in a country in which portion sizes are smaller and the food is healthier overall.

5) Carry a 21 lb. baby everywhere you go.

6) Experience more jetlag upon your return to your homeland. Once again, you'll be too tired to eat. Those deep, dark circles forming under your eyes will give that emaciated waif look to accompany the pounds you are rapidly shedding.

7) Feed said 21 lb. baby with your better hand while attempting to feed yourself with your less-dextrous hand. Use the latter hand to constantly wipe up food you keeping dropping on your pants and discover that you've only taken 3 bites of cold food the whole dinnertime.

Next, I'll share with you how to gain back the 5 lbs. you've dropped. It starts by consuming too many peanut M&Ms, a weakness I seem to develop every time I'm "post-partum."

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

Judy! Your little sweetpea William is BEAUTIFUL! He just gets cuter every time I stop by!!!! And he's GROWING! 90th percentile for height and weight?? My goodness! And he looks it - he's so chubby and healthy! Love all of the photos and updates. Sorry the sleep has been a little rough lately. I think you're doing the right thing by letting him cry it out. He knows he is not abandoned if you are meeting his daily needs. That's what my dr. told me, too... I had to let my son cry all night when he was still waking up during the night at 18 months. I was so worried he would mistrust me, but my dr. assured me that would not be the case, and it wasn't!

I hope he does learn to self-soothe quickly and fall asleep without the piercing cries! I know how painful that can be for Mommy!!!

Blessings to all of you!
Rebecca