Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Carseat? Check.

As you can imagine, here in the K. household we are reeling with excitement and shock at yesterday's news of imminent travel - well, all of us except for Andrew. He doesn't quite comprehend the changes that are going to rock his world in the weeks to come.

Since receiving the good news, my mind has been adding things to my mental "to do" list at breakneck speed. The one thing I did accomplish last night was to go online and purchase a new carseat for Szu-Chuan's big brother. Szu-Chuan will be taking over Andrew's Britax Marathon. Meanwhile, Andrew will be graduating up to a Britax Regent. This behemoth of a carseat is one of the few toddler booster seats that uses a five-point harness, the key selling point for us.

We purchased it online from Albee's, a great baby gear store in New York City. They feature some pretty fabulous deals on quality baby products with free shipping on items over $100.00. We had originally picked up the carseat at the local Babies 'R Us but returned it when we saw it on the Albee's website for $60.00 less, tax-free.

Alas, poor baby, as child #2, your life of hand-me-downs has already begun.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

We just upgraded to that carseat for our daughter a couple of months ago...it is the La-z-boy chair of carseats, I tell you! It looked huge when it arrived, but fits perfectly in our minivan, and our daughter loves it. I am sure Andrew will love his new seat. And the baby won't know any different...

Cindy

Mel said...

Hey Judy! Congrats to you guys...what a SPEEDY process you've had...Wow!!! I am anxiously waiting to hear your travel dates...and I hope we are there together...wouldn't that be neat?!?!! (Also, there's another FFC family who got final decree yesterday but I don't know if they blog or not.)

Tisra said...

Hooray! I had to laugh at the hand-me-down comment. That's us, here. Truly, it's a mix of new and old because some of the stuff we have- by the third kid- is wearing out and needs replacement. Surely, we'll be replacing even more with child number four. And, seasons play a lot into clothes..some garments just can't be re-used because they're the wrong size at the wrong time. And, then, well, carseats shouldn't be re-used past a certain amount of time. Hand me downs produce character because the second, third, fourth child (etc.) never learns to be spoiled- at least that's what I tell myself! ha!

Gosh, I am so excited that you're going to travel soon!!!!! Thrilled for you!

Tisra
waiting for referral

Daisy said...

We are going to be moving Noah up to a booster seat too, but mainly because the 5 pt. harness on his current seat is a little, ahem, crushing. Poor guy, cries out in pain whenever we go over a particularly big bump in the road. So he will have the standard booster using the car seat belt.

anisapramuditasukoco said...

Hi Judy, I'm Dita. I live in Tainan, Im interesting with ur posting about car seat, especially Britax Marathon. Do you know where i should buy it in Taiwan, or should buy online in Albee. Btw did you buy online from Taipei or when you're in NY.
I need the information about that, would you please drop me an email in ditaunair@gmail.com , please?? hehe.
Ok have a nice day, send my best regards to your family especially ur cute children. Thanks for your attention

best regards
Dita