Saturday, January 5, 2008

Coincidence or Divine Que Sera Sera?

Last year for Christmas, my sister, Sherry, gave us a 365 Scripture Verses a Year calendar. Time and time again, I've been amazed at how relevant the passages are to what I have been facing on a given day. Some people would say it's merely coincidence or that I'm just interpreting the passage according to what I want to hear - a very dangerous possibility for anyone.

But check this out: the page below is from November 26, 2007.


November 26th, 2007, by the way, is the day when we received our referral call.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, that is God's design for sure. I don't believe in coincidence! That gives me chills - amazing!

That verse is the theme verse for the orphan and adoption support ministry that Andy and I started at our church. We called our ministry "One Such Child", borrowing the phrase from that passage.

When you flipped the calendar over... did you wonder if that would be the day you would get "The Call"??

The family of six said...

Absolutely I believe that it is not a coincidence! There have been so many strange things about our referral like that as well. God has his hand in adoption for sure!

That is so cute that you wrote our children our roomates! I hope we can go get them both soon. I hope someone is loving on them everyday intill then!

Tiffany said...

I agree - not a coincidence at all!Amazing! Rebecca nailed it I got chills reading it too. It's so funny how these things work out and we only realize them after the fact?? :)