Monday, May 12, 2008

Tag - I'm It!

I've been tagged by my friend, Amy, to share the following details with you:

5 Things You Can Find Inside My Bag:
1. Assorted baby rattles, none of which are ever quiet enough when I need them to be.
2. Crushed ATM receipts
3. Fake pirate tattoos from the dentist office's treasure box (they're Andrew's - um... really, I swear!)
4. Surfboard cracker crumbs
5. A chunky bead necklace that I scored at Target for $3.99. Prior parenting experience should have taught me that necklace on Mommy = handlebar for baby

5 Favorite Things in the Room I'm in (I'm in the family room):
1. A gigantic clock that is roughly the size of a manhole cover
2. Two black and white pictures of my beautiful boys
3. A whimsical black and white sketch of two people signed by the artist. It was given to us by Craig's late grandfather. Whenever I see it, I always think of him telling me that the image spoke to him of mercy.
4. The reclining leather club chair I'm sitting in now. I've always thought Lazy-Boy type chairs were hideous, but look at me now!
5. My laptop. Laptop and I are sadly inseparable. More and more, I am convicted of my need to break the addiction.

5 Things I've Always Wanted to Do:
1. Finish the novel I started writing months ago and get it published
2. Learn Photoshop, Illustrator, and other such programs
3. Learn to use a real camera (not my piddling point 'n shoot) well
4. Learn to decorate cakes
5. Play the drums in a punk rock band

5 Things I'm Currently Into:
1. Peanut M&Ms
2. Jhumpa Lahiri's aptitude for rendering emotional undercurrents in her prose
3. Sleep - though I seldom get as much as I need
4. The Book of Genesis. It's amazing how the same old story takes on new meanings each time.
5. Searching for a bargain price on a Maclaren Quest stroller

4 People I Plan to Tag:
1. Yvonne - because the details of her everyday are always a pleasant read
2. Haewon - because I'm curious to know what the most stylish woman I know keeps in her bag and because yay! She's having a boy!
3. Jennifer - because Miss Twin Momma could probably use some diversion from having to change poopy diapers two at a time
4. Sara/Sofa - because her responses are sure to be the very definition of LOL

3 comments:

Yvonne Crawford said...

oh fun!!! Thanks! I love these things!

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Hey, nice job! This was fun.

HaeWon Cadence Ryu said...

Cool! I just spent an hour or so catching up on your blog (during work) and I'm constantly tearing up as I'm reading... my goodness... your children are so blessed and lucky to have such wonderful parents! :*)