Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Walk on the Wild Side


























"Hey, Babe... Take a walk on the wild side."

Lou Reed's words echoed in my head as the boys and I meandered through a local zoo yesterday morning. William was very interested in gazing at all the animals, or at least what he could see of them through the wire and wooden barriers. He even got to feed a piece of an ice cream cone (provided by the zoo) to a goat in the petting barn.

Unfortunately, I didn't get many good pictures of him next to the animals except for this one of him trying to grab at a prickly, miniature hedgehog. There's a reason the handler is wearing thick gloves, dear child.

2 comments:

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Audrey's kindergarten class went on a field trip to this zoo. I thought it was such a nice size for little kids.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww William is so adorable! :) As is your whole family :) I just love reading about yall :) It gives me such hope to see a family home and lovin there baby boy! ;)

Blessings and hugs,
TamiJoy
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com