Monday, July 14, 2008

Death by Peekaboo and Other Tales

Here's a sample of what's been going on in William World lately:

- William has begun cruising along furniture. It's slow going, but it's a start towards walking. He is also beginning to get the hang of walking when held by one hand.

- Sadly, he has also figured out how to climb stairs and is drawn to them like a pig to mud. We've now got so many gates by our stairs that getting upstairs to grab that one thing we forgot is harder than trying to break and enter the Oval Office.

- It's all Mommy Dearest lately. I'm trying to take it as a sign of healthy attachment that William has a strong preference for me nowadays. Other people can hold him, but woe if he sees me. It's his cue to stretch those chubby arms outwards, to screw up his little face, and to begin the pleading whine. Ergo baby carrier, work your magic!

- Just 5 more days and William turns 1 year old! Wahhh... I can't technically call him a baby anymore.

- And finally, oh, that peekaboo... Andrew received a Cranium fort builder set for his birthday (on clearance now at Toys 'R Us for $21.00!). Not only does it keep Gege happily occupied, it provides an excellent place for Didi to play his favorite game. If you never thought a round of peekaboo could kill someone with laughter, you haven't met William. I thought I was going to have to call 911 the first couple of times. He's not cracking up anywhere as hard as he initially was, but you get the idea in the video below.


4 comments:

Tisra said...

That is too funny! I love uncontrollable children laughs (I mean that the laughs are uncontrollable, not the *children*). William turning one- wow!

Tisra

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

We love our Cranim forts! And my definition of "baby" includes any child under the age of 2.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love his laugh!! Too cute! It's so deep in his belly! Can't believe he'll be one. . .I still think of my 3-1/2 year old as a baby, so it's okay - he's still your baby. Tiffanie

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh my goodness, how could anyone NOT giggle right along with him??? that is wonderful!

Can't believe he is almost 1!

Rebecca