Monday, December 17, 2007

Chick Magnet

Psst... don't tell our baby, but here's what we got him for Christmas. It's a Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Kitchen. Five months ago, I found it for a great price in a store and decided that referral or no referral, it was coming home with me.

This hulking mass of molded plastic (sorry, planet!) comes complete with bleeping lights and songs that will aggressively imbed themselves in our subconscious, never to exit.


Sure, the package claims the toy teaches the alphabet, colors, and blah, blah, blah. But did you know it's also a chick magnet? Think about it: what woman doesn't love a guy who can cook? (I know I had to keep wiping the slobber off my face when I found out that Craig was handy in the kitchen.) So, like a good mommy, I'm giving Szu-Chuan a headstart, not that he'll really need one, that cutiepie.

Hannah Claire, Princess Fadely, and all you other little girls waiting in the wings - watch out. He's got a spatula and he's not afraid to use it.

4 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Hahahaha!! Yes, women definitely love a guy who knows his way around a kitchen... you're training him well, Judy. :)

Tisra said...

Good Job! Yes, his wife will thank you! My sweetie can cook just as well as I can, and I aim to teach my boys (and girls!) their way around a kitchen. NO ONE, bachelor or not, should be forced to eat boxed mac and cheese and cereal for most of their meals! :-)

Sarah said...

LOL LOL! I'm crackin' up! My husband was a cook in the Army and has some serious skills, but he just cooks too much. There's some sort of disconnect between making bacon for 300 and just for two. Love the lil' litchen!

Sarah said...

er... kitchen, but I'm sure lichens are nice too. :)