Friday, December 7, 2007

Lights, Camera, Translation!

I don't know about you, but a few pictures of our child per month are just not enough. By the time Andrew was a year old, I must have taken at least 1,000 photos. I kid you not. It saddens me to think we might only have just a small handful of images of our son from his pre-adoptive life to share with him when he's older. (Yes, I know... as the second child, he'll wind up getting short-changed in the family photo albums; it's bound to happen.)

But for now, send in the single-use cameras! We mailed one to St. Lucy's in our last care package and plan to send more with each month's shipment. They're no substitute for actually having him home and blinding him with our camera flash every time he gets pureed carrots on his nose or does that irresistibly cute smirk. But such are the sacrifices of adoptive life.


For anyone who plans on sending disposable cameras to their child's orphanage, here's something that may be of use. My mother was gracious enough to translate instructions for the caregivers on how to turn on the flash and operate the cameras.

Note that the instructions are specific to the Kodak Single Use Digital Camera and the CVS One-Time Use Video Camcorder, both of which can be purchased at CVS.

And while you're at it, here's a printable coupon good for $2.00 off at CVS through January 30, 2008 (thanks, Soo-Jin!) This coupon can be re-printed and re-used several times.

Hopefully these instructions will help yield some better-quality pictures of your little one that will be meaningful to your whole family one day.

4 comments:

Tisra said...

How very cool! I'll try to remember that you've provided this when it's our turn.

Cindy said...

Thank you so much...I have printed it out and we are filing it away for future use!

Tiffany said...

Hi fellow PA'ers! I am so late in checking blogs these days since returning from Taiwan and I just wanted to give you a big HUG and wish you COGRATULATIONS! This is so wonderful for you and your fam and I cannot wait to see ya as a family all together. We are thrilled for you!!! I'm so sorry this is late - also thank you so much for the fab comments on our blog throughout the trip and now that we are home, we truly apprecaite and expect to do the same now that we are on a schedule :)

Tiffany and Sophia
www.sweetnsassysophia.blogspot.com

Rebecca Lily said...

Such helpful info Judy - can't wait to send some cameras of my own to Taiwan someday!! :) Prayers for a speedy process for you...

Rebecca