Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Freerice.com

After you've finished merging your head and those of everyone you love onto the body of a 4" dancing elf, try this next one. Go to Freerice.com and play their addictive vocabularly game. For every word whose definition you guess correctly, the site donates 20 grains of rice through the United Nations to people in need worldwide. At last, here's your chance to put to use those words that scored big points on the SAT but marked you as an oddball if you ever tried to use them in real conversation.

Based upon the words you're able to define correctly, the site adjusts the difficulty of the words you're given next. It rates them on a scale of ease, with 50 being the hardest. So far, I've accumulated 3,020 grains and can't get past a level 48. Give it a try and let me know how you did.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Best I could do was 45 but I usually hung out in the 40-42 range. Worst of all, they told me and I still don't know what a quahog is.

Mel said...

Whoa...I feel DUMB! My highest level was 41 but mostly I was at 39. I am going back there, though...it's addicting!