Friday, December 21, 2007

Smiles All Around

OK, I'll eat my words. In my last post, I was dubious about whether we'd receive Szu-Chuan's latest monthly update pictures and information. Guess what I found when I checked my email this morning? Three pictures of our little guy with a smile that could light up the world. Guess who else is smiling, too?



It's heartwarming to see October's sad face replaced with a happy countenance. Truly, there's nothing more gratifying to a parent than to see one's child laughing.

On a side note, it's also useful to have pictures that show what kind of pacifier he uses. I've been hearing from other parents who have travelled that the pacifiers given to the babies in Taiwan aren't sold in the United States. Now that I can see what they look like, I can shop for something that is remotely similar. I also plan to take Dayla's advice and buy as many of them as we can once we're in Taiwan.

Unfortunately, the pictures didn't come with any updated medical information; this will follow once Laura is able to ascertain the correct date of the pictures. FFC was expecting to receive November's updates from St. Lucy's but instead were sent a batch of pictures that were date stamped in December (yesterday, actually).

In her email, Laura also verified that St. Lucy's has received all of our paperwork. We're still awaiting news of when our case officially entered the Taiwanese courts.

In the meantime, we're delighted to receive this early Christmas gift. I try to use emoticons sparingly, but at times like these, I think it's appropriate to bust out with a :)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Judy - He's gorgeous, and that smile is incredible! Merry Christmas...

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Anita said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable!! Great smile.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

oh my goodness he is TOO adorable. What a beautiful little smile!!!
Merry Christmas and congrats on the updates!!!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh my heavens to betsy... isn't he darling!!!! Thanks for stopping by our blog. Happy Christmas Gift! That is one amazing smile! I can almost hear his full belly laughs!

=0) Sara/Sofa

Rebecca Lily said...

PRECIOUS!!!! That smile just makes you melt! What a beautiful boy!!

So happy that you all received these updates, just in time for Christmas!!

Blessings,
Rebecca