Friday, February 29, 2008

And They're Off!

Tomorrow morning, we'll begin the long trek to Taiwan to pick up our precious baby. Our car will come to take us to the Philadelphia airport at 5:30 a.m.

It's hard to believe that the day has finally come. I'm still shaking my head at how surreal the whole adoption experience has been thus far. One thing I do know: God has blessed us in so many ways throughout this wild and crazy ride. For that, I am thankful.

I am also amazed that we managed to cram everything into two suitcases. It is worth pointing out that Craig's and my belongings only comprise half of one of the suitcases. The rest is divided among William's gear and gifts for the St. Lucy's staff, birthmother, and other individuals. Unless we bring home a hippopotomous, our return baggage should be very light.


Please keep the two of us and William in your prayers. Please also pray for Andrew; we are really going to miss our little monkey while we're gone.

Wonderchild, here we come.

8 comments:

The family of six said...

Goodluck - I'll be thinking of you!

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Godspeed!

Yvonne Crawford said...

I hope everything goes well!

Yvonne

Tisra said...

God Bless every aspect of this trip and all involved!!!

Sarah said...

YAY! I feel like cheering and clapping at the start of a great movie that I'm so excited to watch. Post lots, please, if you can!

Jeri said...

Judy, I read your blog the other night, just a little bit, but somehow missed that it was Judy K's blog! I love how y'all set your blogs up. Wish I had that knowledge! Anyway, I'm sure you're either in the air or getting close to Taiwan at this point. I didn't get a chance to tell you how excited I am that you're getting to travel! Looking forward to following along.
Jeri

Sarah said...

"Are we there yet?"

Our Family said...

Despite us not doing much shopping we had so much extra stuff we had to buy another suitcase! I'm enjoying following your journey and can't wait to hear about your big day!

Lori