Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Testing, Testing, 1,2,3"

In early December, we sent St. Lucy's a list of additional medical tests our adoption pediatrician recommended be run on William. We received the results to some of the tests late last night, along with the results to others that had been run just weeks after his birth.

One of the tests our doctor had requested was a hearing screening, part of standardized well-child care in the United States but apparently not routinely performed on the babies at St. Lucy's. The test was never executed, but here was St. Lucy's response:

"According to the baby’s daily life, he is good appetite, active, loves to laugh and smile all the time, he loves to interact with others and loves to listen someone talked to him, so the caregiver does not think he has any concern on hearing."

This reminds me of a dream I had of William two nights ago. I had put him into our Ergo baby carrier, demonstrated in the rear-carrying position in the rather disturbing picture to the left. He started to fuss loudly. Based upon the caregiver's description above, I must have been dreaming about a different baby. While all babies are prone to fuss, it sounds like William is overall a really sweet-tempered, happy child. I can't wait to find out for myself in just 11 days.

2 comments:

Tisra said...

"rather disturbing" indeed! Yikes!

I am SOOO THRILLLED for you to be swooping in to pick up William in less than two weeks!!!!!! I know I don't comment much lately, or post on the boards...not much to say in our case, and no more questions to ask. But, do know I read it all and couldn't be happier that a sweet, precious child is gathered safely home!

Tisra
waiting for referral since 04/2007

Chris said...

9 days and counting-but whose counting, right?
Hope you are all set, can't wait to see your special day.
hugs
Chris