Friday, February 1, 2008

Chubbalicious!

Hooray! We received the latest update photos of William today. If the date stamp on the bottom of the pictures is correct, they were taken just two days ago.

This is the first time we've ever seen full-length pictures of him. Upon reviewing them, all I have to say is, "Hoo-whee!" At 6 1/2 months old, he is 19.6 pounds of lovable chub. He measures 28.3 inches and has a head circumference of 16.5 inches. His height and weight put him somewhere the 95th percentile on the Chinese boy growth charts and not much further behind on the Western child charts.


Happy baby = happy mommy.

"Mommy, you should have sent me matching socks in my last care package."

"But at least you're coming to get me soon."


William's big brother, Andrew, was also a tall baby, but he was and still is all lean, mean muscle. In light of that, I have to admit that I'm really looking forward to having a pudgy baby with squishy thighs.

Ooh! And all that the extra baby bulk might just mean I have an excuse to go out and buy some different clothes for William! Shh... don't tell Craig.

11 comments:

R... said...

Wow, that is one adorable little huggable little baby!! I hope you can get your arms around him soon and, in the meantime, do a little shopping!

R...

Cindy said...

Love the chub...he looks precious! I am so excited for your family.

Cindy

The family of six said...

What a CUTIE!!! You better start doing arm weights!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

What a little doll! I just want to squeeze him! :) How adorable! I know you are so so excited! :)

TamiJoy
tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Look at that little chubby smile! I'll second that... it's time to go shopping for baby clothes and celebrate!

Tiffany said...

Judy - he's so cute, I just want to give him a big squeeze! I think based on this update, he needs some new duds! I cannot wait to see him in your arms!
Tiffany and sophia

Rebecca Lily said...

What a cuddly sweet boy!!!!

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Too cute! S. can't wait to play with him!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Oh, he is so gloriously chubby!!! And still as handsome a boy as ever! Congrats on the updates...Mere days until he is with you!

Megan said...

Congratulations, he is adorable! Can't wait to see first family photos.
Megan

Megan said...

Congratulations, he is adorable! Can't wait to see first family photos.
Megan