Friday, February 15, 2008

Please Sir, May I Have My Letter?

I'm happy to announce that our Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Clearance applications are now out of our hands. I'm hopeful that we should receive our ICPC approval letter sometime in the next 7 days, leaving us about one more week before we're due to fly out.

Thankfully, the Child Abuse Clearance office is located in the same building as the Pennsylvania Interstate Compact office, so delivery time should be quick. Once received, turnaround time to receive our letter of compliance should just be a few days.

Getting our Criminal Records Checks proved to be a hair-pulling experience initially. The representative at the office with whom I spoke was dubious that she could send us our updates in under three weeks and her supervisor was not answering his phone. I was ready to pack up Andrew and head down to our local congresswoman's office to entreat her assistance. I kid you not.

However, I'm glad to report a happy ending: after much confusion, I was able to apply for our updated checks online and received the results within minutes. I faxed the results to ICPC earlier today. Don't you love it when things resolve in such surprisingly easy ways?

While we still don't have the final clearance letter in our hands, I'm grateful for how relatively easy it was to dispatch the necessary paperwork. Pessimist that I tend to be, I was envisioning a much more difficult struggle. I know some of you out there have been praying and expressing concern on our behalves, so, to you and to the God who hears, a wholehearted thank you.

1 comment:

Yvonne Crawford said...

Praying for you that everything works out!!! I'm sure it will - things have a way of doing that...

Yvonne