Tuesday, February 26, 2008

She's Gonna Blow!

Tonight, while making a return at Babies 'R Us, I made what some people would consider to be a brash move: I parked in the "Expectant Parent" parking spot.

The store was due to close in 15 mintues, so I figured the likelihood of a pregnant woman vying with me for that parking spot were slim. And, if anyone challenged me, I would tell them quite matter-of-factly, yes, I am an expectant mother.

I am expecting to travel to pick up my baby in 3 days. I am bursting at the seams with a last-minute to-do list that has a miraculous tendency to expand, rather than contract. Adoptive child or not, my nesting horomones are very real and present and raging. I am on an unstoppable quest to make sure every detail of my baby's nursery is in order, every bottle, every pacifier, every sock and onesie purchased and in place for my child's arrival. My goal: to deliver my child home safely and to settle him as comfortably as I can into his new home. I am a woman on a mission. Expectant mother? You bet.

Do Not Try to Stop Me.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

AHHHHH I remember those days, they are so clear in my mind! I think my husband's exact words were Is ther ANYTHING from Target or Babies R Us we don't have?- LOL.
Good luck with the last minute prep, AHHH I cannot believe this day has come for you! It found it so mind boggling at how the list grewtoo, it was never ending!!! Yeah!
Tiffany

Sarah said...

YES!!!! Big high fives for Judy tonight for parking in that spot!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

You Go Girl! That spot sooo deserved to be yours tonight! Okay... have you remembered one important thing? Breathe! j/j. Love ya girl and happy shopping and best trip wishes... you have made a great count down to trip for all of us... Thanks for taking us along!. Sara

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

You are too funny Judy! Good for you parking in the expectant mother spot!!!