Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Building Families, Two Continents at a Time

When I think of our adoption on an eternal scale, I often imagine God standing in front of a big map of the world. He is inserting pushpins into different locations all over the map and connecting one to another with a piece of yarn. Each pin represents a set of individuals whose lives have been joined together by the miracle of adoption.

In reality, God is not as behind the times with his technology as I imagine. The One who created the world in 6 days can surely do much better than to wrangle pushpins and yarn. My limited imagination aside, I find it so interesting to ponder how two sets of people previously unknown to one another can come together and form a beautiful bond, no biological stimulant needed. Surely the hands of God are actively at work in their lives.

Consider the picture below: in it is William and his new friend, Anant. Anant was adopted from India by our friends from church, Rob and Mary. They picked him up just a few days before we met William in Taiwan. Imagine that: two boys from countries so many miles apart winding up in the same part of the world just 15 miles of each other. It astounds me.


Here's yet another thing that blows my mind: Anant, who celebrates his 2nd birthday today (happy birthday, sweetie!), is just one pound heavier than 8 month-old William. What can I say? We have a Costco-sized baby.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Judy, you crack me up. Costco... wahahaha.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

That really is amazing. I read the blog of a woman who's daughter is friends with, and lives in the same town as her crib mate from China. How amazing!

Rebecca Lily said...

Costco, hee hee!!! You are too funny. :)

Beautiful children - no matter what ethnicity. All precious in His sight!!!

J+Di Di said...

Oh my~~ Costco-size baby.... your arms and back have my sympathy! hahahaha..

Rob and Mary said...

We feel so famous to be on your blog! I do have to say these boys are very cute. I'm not partial-LOL. God is so amazing to bring these two fellas together. We are happy to be walking this new road with you. Thanks for having us over. Anant enjoyed tearing apart your house!
Love,
Mary