Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nature Non-Lover

With spring in full swing, we thought we'd capitalize upon the annual daffodil explosion in our backyard and take some pictures of William. We never figured that he'd be wary of close encounters with plants. Take a look:


We finally got a semi-decent flower shot by making a compromise. If William wouldn't go to the daffodils, a lone daffodil would have to come to him.


For anyone who wonders, it's worth mentioning that St. Lucy's does have a very lovely courtyard garden, thanks to the hard work of some volunteers from our agency who traveled over to help with renovations a little over a year ago. I'm not sure how much opportunity William and the other babies had to go outside. No doubt, the caretakers had their hands full just changing diapers, wiping noses, and feeding child after child.





If you look carefully at the picture to the left, you can see the windows of the nursery where William used to live. The nursery is on the ground floor to the left of the tall, spirally tree. William's crib was right in front of one of the windows. It's nice to know he had a garden view during his time there.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out exactly what the Nannies were saying that they called Odin...I could make the sound but I couldn't for the LIFE of me figure out WHAT it meant! You've just answered the question that has plagued me since pick-up day! Bless you!!!

Chris said...

I can relate to the non-nature-lover-when we first brought our first child home, she had NEVER been outside before, and HATED grass-now it didn't last long, but wow, what a shock.
So glad to see how wonderful life is with a new baby.
The orphanage shots remind me of Russia, but much less start and severe.
So glad you are loving life
Hugs
Chris

KB said...

What a little chunk you have there....soooo stinkin' cute I can hardly contain myself! Thanks for keeping up with your blog and thanks for removing the poll! I am now an avid reader again!

Kristy

Tisra said...

that top photo! funny! I'm sure you'll have him walking barefoot in the grass before too long.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

One flower at a time...and I bet William will be a nature lover before you know it!!!! Enjoy the beautiful weather the next few days!!!

Dianne said...

He is so cute. My little guy loves the grass and sticks. I love to see pictures of your little guy.

JackieMacD said...

I can't look at pics of William without giggling. He's just so darn cute! What a little personality. But if yuo teach him about flowers now, his wife will thank you in the future!

:) -J
taiwanlucy.blogspot.com