Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Everything But the Manual

Thanks to Sarah W., who clued me into the wonderful world of blog slide galleries, I'm going to begin inundating you with more slideshows than you can shake a stick at. Take cover!

Below are photos of the contents of the blue tote bag we received from St. Lucy's Center on pickup day. One of my favorite items is the scrapbook containing pictures of William, well-wishes from the caretakers, and pages handpainted by one of the ladies.

The only items not pictured are the health records booklet and the one-page form containing information on caring for William. The latter is the closest thing we'll ever receive to a manual on our child.

What? Don't all kids come with a care manual or a set of instructions?






3 comments:

Yvonne Crawford said...

Hey, that's pretty cool - the slide show and of course the contents of the tote bag. Very cool memories for him.

Rebecca Lily said...

Well, I have to say. That is more than you will ever get when you give birth biologically. Haha. :)

I've always hoped that "mother-instinct" would kick in when we bring Owen home... now I'm wondering if his nannies should write me a manual too!!!! :)

Rebecca

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

waah :( for some reasons I have never been able to view this slide show :( I wanted so much to see what we might expect and all and also see the pacifiers so we can try and get Noah some spares. I have tried multiple times since you first posted this but no luck :( Anyways :) thanks for sharing :)

hugs,
TamiJoy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com