Monday, June 23, 2008

So, We Meet Again.

As you may recall, my uncle was gracious enough to drive us up to Tainan to pick up William at St. Lucy's and to take photographs of the occasion. Unfortunately, the CD of pictures he burned for us got lost in transit.

My cousin has been kind enough to re-send them to us via email, but for some reason, we've had a lot of difficulty opening the files. We had a modicum of success last night, though, and were able to get a couple of pictures open. Below are some images from the special day that would forever change the course of our family.

As I look at these pictures, I have fond memories of the day we met our beautiful boy and of the wonderful staff at St. Lucy's who did their best to nurture him until we could come for him. I also think of all the other mothers who long to bring home their children, William's roomates. Among the many, I remember Jackie, Lora, Marina, Tiffanie, TamiJoy, Sarah, and KB, who eagerly await their little ones - and in some cases, the resolution of frustrating legalities. May the joy of Meeting Day be theirs very, very, very soon.

6 comments:

lorabelle said...

Oh, I just loved this post and all of the beautiful pictures of your special day. Thank you so much for posting them. I just sat here and cried for about 15 minutes...
It won't be long now, thanks for your uplifting encouragement.
Lora

momwithfaithandhope said...

Thank you Judy! You are always so supportive of the adoption community and especially us Moms still waiting. I enjoyed seeing your photos and getting a glimpse into our future Gotha Day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Blessings,
Tiffanie

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Hi Judy, I love your blog... it's so fun keeping up with you (if I even can attempt keeping up with you). And do you ever take a bad photo? You are gorgeous girl! I hope I look half as good on family day. Those are the best photos, your husband gingerly, lovingly caressing William's head as you hold him trying to take in every detail. And yet, wanting to just melt right into him, but not wanting to freak him out either. Thank you for sharing such an absolute precious family moment... and thank you uncle for taking and sending the photos ;0) Sara

Chris said...

What a blessing to have a chance to relive such a wonderful day!!
How I love those first family photos!!
Precious

Sarah said...

aw... how sweet!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh, Judy! I just loved this post! Thanks so much for sharing some of your gotcha day with us!!! :) I can't wait till I am sharing with you our Gotcha day with Noah! :) You are such a good and supportive friend to all us mommies still waiting for our turn! :)

Big hugs to you
TamiJoy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com