Monday, June 2, 2008

The Stork Strikes Again - Twice!

I have been reeling with joy this past week at so many announcements of incoming babies. This week, two of my blogging friends, Sarah W. and K.B. were referred babies from St. Lucy's Center.

Sarah, the undisputed queen of the Taiwanese adoption blogging world, has been matched with a 4 month-old baby girl after a nearly 16 month wait. I have yet to see Hannah Claire's entire picture, but rumor has it that she has a set of chins that could give William's a run for the money.

After an emotional roller-coaster ride of a wait, K.B. and her family were finally matched with a wonderful little 4 month-old boy. I am so happy for her!

It is amazing how excited I have become for women whom I have never met face-to-face. In following their blogs and corresponding through email, it has been impossible not to get caught up in all the highs and lows of their journeys and to hold my breath along with them as they waited for their referral days. I'm delighted to now have the opportunity to exhale.

2 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Awh-ha... you're just like me. I really get all wrapped up in everyone's high's and low's too. At least I know I'm not certifiably alone on that one! Isn't is just so exciting? I always feel like I get to be invited in the "delivery room"... It's SO fun! I hope everyone's around for our's... about forever from now (no I'm actually guessing 18 more months maybe).

Sarah said...

"Undisputed queen of the Taiwanese adoption blogging world"???? (covering my eyes) Don't let my mother see that. (giggle) A year ago when a new supervisor at work asked if we had a knickname that we'd rather go by, told him that I'd like to be addressed as "Your Majesty." He still calls me that. :)