Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vampire Jr.

You know the phrase, "Once bitten, twice shy?" Lately, I've grown to understand the sentiment behind that saying very well.

William's teething has really run amok, and he has now taken to biting me randomly. This morning, I sustained a bite to my thigh (good thing for wearing baggy pants). His "nibbling" has gotten to the point where I am sometimes afraid to let him rest his face on my shoulder because I have been bitten there one too many times. That's a sad thing, especially during put-down time when we sing, "Jesus Loves Me" as we walk around the dim room. So great is my fear that there are times when I have to hold him at semi-arms length as we circle the nursery.

"This is merely a phase, merely a phase." Breathe deeply in and out, then repeat several times.

(By the way, the creepy photo to the left is merely a shot of William lunging with one hand for my camera. He wasn't coming to suck my blood. All joking aside, I love you, little guy.)

7 comments:

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Oooo, creeeepy! ::scary music::

Tisra said...

Makes you glad you're bottle feeding, no? :-)

It will pass, and you'll be able to tell him of his "nibbling" as he gets older.

Tisra
still waiting for referral :-)

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh goodness! That creepy photo definitely needed an explanation (thank you). haha Wow, I remember when my oldest came and walked up happily and bit the inside of my thigh while I was playing with her... in reaction (like when the doc hits your knee cap) I accidently kicked her across the floor (because I jumped up so fast). I felt so bad and so did she. Strangely she never did it again (I still feel badly for the unexpected take-off... luckily she wasn't hurt). Not that I expect you to have him fly anytime soon... just a funny memory. Good luck and beware the biters! I've been there... teething seems to sometimes set it off... is he getting a new one?

Tish said...

oh my!! my friend has this same issue with her baby. i hope he gorws out of it soon!

BTW, the photos of you meeting william are adorable!!!

Mel said...

Girl, I feel your pain! I've got marks on both shoulders and one on the back of my thigh right now. Odin's deal is he sort of does it out of excitement - and I truly think he's just meaning to bite my clothes, but Holy Moly I have screamed a couple times and scared the snot out of him! Whenever he's near my shoulders these days, I am telling him, "Don't bite Mama!" Here's hoping this phase passes quickly for both of us!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh my goodness! What a stage! Praying you hold up under his little jaws! Thanks so much for sharing so much of your life with us! :) I love reading about what is goin on and it is just a constant reminder that they do finally come home! :)

Blessings,
TamiJoy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Daisy said...

I guess it is a good thing you aren't nursing him!!